We are so excited to extend this aid to our returning and incoming families. Financial aid applications for new families will be open in April. We utilize the online service of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to process applications. FAST will be the standard submission format for all applications.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential. Results are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee who make awarding decisions in accordance to next year’s budget. Upon approval, financial aid offers are sent to families.
*The maximum amount of financial aid offered is 50% of the tuition amount only. This does not include sports and fees.
As a reminder, you must reapply each year. To start the process, please do the following:
- Click on the “FAST” Logo above.
- Click ‘Start Application’ to begin.
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions, which can be reached by calling1-877-326-FAST (3278). Please do not call the school with questions.
- The charge for the application is $45.00 and to be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) after all sections have been completed. If you do not have a credit card, please call Legacy’s business office for assistance.
- After completing the online application you will be required to scan or mail your tax documents (federal taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes:
Independent School Management
Attn: FAST Processing Center
1316 N. Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
There are also pre-addressed envelopes available at the front desk. Your tax return must follow the submission of the online application and be submitted to FAST within one week.
While no financial aid procedure can be entirely equitable – there are simply too many individual factors and extenuating circumstances – this process that has been selected should serve our Legacy community well. Among its many features will be the ability to secure your financial data, and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.