Legacy Elementary School would like to introduce you to the new Elementary Curriculum Coordinator, Jennifer Kennedy. Kennedy’s passion is to be involved in maintaining and developing the elementary curriculum at Legacy. Kennedy will be using her passion to assist in the on-going development of the elementary school curriculum. She has already begun making sure that we are meeting our academic goals through our current curriculum.
Kennedy is motivated by 1 Corinthians 15:58 “So, my dear brothers and sister, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.” Jennifer believes in the school’s identity, vision, and philosophy of education. She has a desire to insure that the elementary school curriculum is the most comprehensive while meeting the state standards, yet continually striving to exceed these standards when possible.
Jennifer’s experience as a public school teacher, a Legacy 3rd grade teacher and as a Co-Teacher for grades Pre-K through 4th has adequately equipped her to serve as the Elementary Curriculum Coordinator. Kennedy’s motto is “We control the curriculum, the curriculum doesn’t control us.” Jennifer’s passion is dissecting a curriculum by utilizing its strengths, changing its weaknesses, and biblically integrating all subjects to work for the university model.
Please see the strides below that Kennedy has made concerning the review and improvement of the present curriculum.
* Presented curriculum overview at co-teacher training
* Coordinated Empowering Writers vertical alignment training
* Updated the curriculum website
* Created elementary curriculum brochure
* Attended the Texas School Summit and other professional developments
* Created and reviewed science surveys
* Reviewing current science curriculum and researching new options
* Coordinated STEMscopes teacher trials and webinar training
* Meets with elementary principal on a regular basis to discuss existing curriculum issues and developing curriculum needs
* Reviewing all elementary curriculum to make sure we meet or exceed the TEKS standards
* Providing TEKS standards to all teachers for curriculum binders
* Preparing interactive math word problem notebooks for students
* Uploading math word problems for teachers to access on Mimios
* Organizing subject alignment through all grade levels
* Coordinating future professional development training for teachers to successfully implement new curriculum into the classroom
It has been exciting to see Kennedy use her passion for Legacy and the strides she has made towards our curriculum development. Kennedy is very open and happy to hear any suggestions you may have concerning the development of the elementary school curriculum. Kennedy can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org.